National Merit Scholarship 2022: The Department of School Education and Literacy under the Government of India is recently accepting online packages for its National Merit Cum Means Scholarship. Students who are financially underprivileged can apply for this scheme. It guarantees to provide financial help in order to support the educational goals of such scholars. Interested applicants will be awarded on the foundation of their educational advantage in the particular Competitive Examination. The National Merit Scholarship Scheme registrations will be closed on 31 October 2022 for National Merit Scholarship 2022. Those who want to apply must know all the details such as Application Procedure, Eligibility, Scholarship Amount and a lot more. All these details are mentioned in the textual content given below.
National Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022
The National Merit Scholarship or National Merrit cum Means Scholarship or NMMS is a scheme where the Government Department of School Education and Literacy grants per 30 days stipends to candidates in order to satisfy their educational bills. This program is for scholars of all classes however only if they fulfill their financial calls for. The scholars will be decided on on the foundation of the advantage that will be finalized after the Mental Ability Test (MAT and Scholastic Aptitude Test or SAT). The candidates must apply for the scheme online through the official website of the National Scholarship Portal or NSP. Only registered and eligible candidates will be allowed to appear for the aggressive examinations.
National Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022: Overview
|Name of the Scheme||National Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022|
|Scholarship Name||National Means cum Merit Scholarship|
|Department||Department of School Education and Literacy|
|Authority||Government of India|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs. 12,000 per annum|
|Number of Slots||1,00,000|
|Amount Disbursement Mode||Direct Bank Transfer or DBT|
|Award Basis||Monthly. Hence, Rs. 1,000 every month|
|Aim||To support prime school schooling of financially susceptible meritorious scholars|
|Beneficiaries||Students of Class VII or VIII will be awarded when they will learn about in prime school categories|
|Application Through||National Scholarship Portal or NSP|
|Last date to Apply||31 October 2022|
|Defective and Institute Verification Deadline||15 November 2022|
|Selection Basis||Merit in Examination|
|Examination Levels||MAT and SAT|
|Examination Date||To be Notified|
Scholarship Amount and Slots of National Merit Scholarship
The quantity that the Department of School Education and Literacy will award the scholars who will qualify for the National Merit Scholarship Scheme has been mounted as Rs. 12,000 This sum will be granted to them on a per 30 days foundation. Hence, the scholars will obtain Rs. 1,000 on a per 30 days foundation for 4 years in order to effectively complete their school schooling without any financial hindrances.
There will be 1,00,000 scholarship slots that will be awarded. However, this is the general number of PAN India. The slots have been allotted to the other states and Union Territories or UTs throughout various reserved and unreserved classes. The regional distribution depends on the inhabitants ratio whilst the categorial allotment is dependent upon the norms laid down by the Government of India.
Eligibility Criteria for National Merit cum Means Scholarship
Only the candidates who will be eligible for the scholarship can apply for it. The eligibility prerequisites must be noticed very moderately since this scheme is in particular for such scholars who are meritorious and economically susceptible. The following are the criteria that have been laid down by the Department of School Education and Literacy:
- The scholar must be a resident of India.
- The applicant should both be learning in Class VII or VIII in a Government aided school.
- He/She should have scored a minimum of 55% marks in the prior to now certified examination. However, a relaxation of 5% marks will be supplied to those belonging to Scheduled Castes or Tribes.
- The general annual income of the folks blended from all sources should not exceed Rs. 1,50,000 from all sources.
Documents for National Merit Scholarship
The following documents need to be uploaded whilst filling out the application form through the National Scholarship Portal for the NMMS 2022:
- Passport sized photograph of the applicant
- Digitally Scanned Signature of the Candidate
- Aadhaar Card of the Applicant to serve as an Identity proof
- To turn out the annual income of the circle of relatives, an Income Certificate or any Government recognized Income proof
- Domicile Certificate of the specific area where the applicant is living
- Marksheet and Result Certificates of Classes VII and VIII
- Ration Card of the circle of relatives with the Candidate’s title on it
- Caste Certificate, only in case of reserved classes
- Certificate of Disability, only if acceptable
- Photo of the passbook first page or a Canceled check of the Candidate’s checking account
How to apply online for NMMS Scholarship?
The scholars who want to get financial help through the National Merit Scholarship or NMMS will have to apply online. The registrations will only be allowed until 31 October 2022. The application form is available on the website of the National Scholarship Portal. This portal is in particular curated to sign up such candidates who want to sign up for any of the Central, State, UGC or AICTE Scholarships. Those who already have an account on the portal will have to merely get admission to it by signing in and only prior to now registered candidates must log in at once. To apply online for the Scholarship Scheme, follow the easy steps that are later mentioned:
- Visit the official page of the National Scholarship Portal at scholarships.gov.in,
- On the house page, faucet on New Registration,
- The Academic Year 2021-22 Guidelines for Registration on National Scholarship Portal will open up as a result.
- Read all the directions moderately and in the end, agree to all the Undertaking By Applicant or Parents/Guardian(In Case of Minor),
- Nextly, click on Continue, The registration form will routinely open up.
- Enter all the required details in the registration form and examine the entered mobile number using a Time Password or OTP.
- Finally, faucet Register after filling in all the details.
- Select the Login To Apply on the same page.
- Enter the Application ID, Password and the Captcha Code given on the display and press Login,
- The Application form will open up that is recurrently referred to for packages of all the scholarships on the National Scholarship Portal.
- Enter all the details that are marked and are obligatory to input.
- Nextly, upload the documents in the required codecs and sizes.
- Enter the Bank Account Details only in order to obtain the scholarship stipends through Direct Bank Transfer or DBT Mode.
- Review the form at least once before ultimate submission.
- Finally, press Submit,
Selection Procedure of National Merit Cum Means Scholarship
The candidates who will effectively sign up for the National Merit Scholarship will have to appear for the selective aggressive examinations. The exam will be held on two ranges. These ranges will be Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (CAT). Both tests will be of the Objective Format. The scholars who will pass the tests will be listed on the advantage record on the foundation of their respective rankings. The higher-positioned candidates will be sooner or later decided on for the scholarship relying upon the number of scholarships that have to be awarded and the reservation criteria.